- Founded by Van Hayes and Oak Lunsford in a small office in downtown Asheville, NC.
- Ralph Presley Joined the firm to be a book keeper, later becoming a partner.
- The company struggled through the war years and the depression with a modest workforce.
1947 - 1960
- Ralph Presley became an owner.
The company expanded into more distinct electrical operations: industrial, hospitals, and schools throughout Western North Carolina.
1960 - 1980
- With new industries moving into the Carolinas and existing companies expanding, Hayes and Lunsford had new opportunities for work.
- New industries that used our services: Champion International Paper, American Enka, Steel Case, Magnavox, Borg Warner, Reliance Electric, Henderson Furniture, Burlington Industries, Day International
- Industries that expanded using our services: Mission Hospital, Broughton Hospital, C. J. Harris Hospital, Margaret Pardee Hospital, V.A Hospital – Oteen, Belk, Proffitt’s, and Dillard’s
- Schools that used our services: Western Carolina University, UNC Asheville University, WARRN Wilson College, South Western Technology, Western Carolina Center, A.B. Technology College, Asheville City Schools, Buncombe County Schools, McDowell County School, Burke County School, and Yancey County School.
1980 - 1990
- Hayes and Lunsford expanded from the Carolinas with jobs in Virginia and California.
- We completed installations in Asheville, Raleigh, and Fayetteville water treatments.
- Was awarded the electrical work for Phillip Morris cigarette manufacturing plant in Concord, NC.
- We were employed by IBM manufacturing plant in Raleigh, NC.
- The additions ad heart center were completed at Shelby Memorial Hospital in NC.
- Had some installations at the Correctional Institution in Yancey County, Buncombe County, and Henderson County. As a company Hayes & Lunsford expanded into areas of construction through technology and geography
1990 - 2010
- Created an office in Greenville, SC.
- Greenville area expanded jobs opportunities such as: Self Memorial Hospital, Wesley Commons Retirement complex, and Anderson Medical Hospital
- Greenville continued the medical electrical in projects such as Greenville Memorial Hospital, St. Frances Hospital, Furman University, Clemson University and other major consolidated schools in the area.
- Other jobs have been Miller Brewing, Asheville Regional Airport, Finner Dunlap, Rheem, Reuter Children’s Center, Stouffer- Gaffney, S.C., Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, Magna, Thermofisher, Cancer Center of America, Sara Lee, Inland Port, Greer, S. C., Kimet, Fiberwebb, Mission Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center, Quaker Oats, Tyco, Boeing- Charleston, S. C., Deerfield Retirement Home, Gerber Foods, OMC Outdoor Motor Company, Angel Hospital Franklin, N. C., Ball Jar, Asheville Citizen Times Printing, Transylvania County Hospital, Kimberly Clark, Macon County Schools, Asheville Civic Center